Reuniting Our People With Their Parish Home
Για μετάφραση στα ελληνικά, κάντε κλικ εδώ
For a Translation Into Greek, Click Here
On May 20, 2020 the Metropolis of Chicago has issued guidance that would permit a greater number of parishioners to attend liturgical services provided that the conditions and protocols set forth in the guidance are strictly followed. The guidelines and protocols can be found on the Metropolis website.
While we are excited to welcome you back for Divine Liturgies, we wanted to specifically call out the following guidelines and restrictions:
- Everyone must wear face masks who is over the age of 2 years old
- Please make sure that these face masks cover the nose and mouth
- There will be no coffee hour
- There will be no paper bulletins or Bibles, prayer books, guides, etc. in the chairs
- Everyone must practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet between your family and others
- Please note that chairs will be placed 6 feet apart and there will be floor markings to help guide you
- Please take your temperature before coming to church. If you have a temperature above 100.4 degrees, please do not come to church
- If you have any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19--- fever, shortness of breath, muscle aches, sore throat, unexplained loss of taste or smell, diarrhea or headache--- OR if you believe you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home and call your healthcare provider
- Entry areas and common spaces will be routinely cleaned and disinfected by the Building Services team
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at the entrance of the church and by the Solea
- Cleaning processes and products have been enhanced to help counter possible transmission of the virus per public health guidelines
- All non-community center facilities will not be accessible at this time, that includes the foyer, classroom and administrative offices and the male/female restrooms. The only restroom that will be available is the restroom in the kitchen
- Wash your hands thoroughly after using the restroom to reduce the potential transmission of the COVID-19 virus
- Drinking fountains will not be accessible
- If you are part of a vulnerable population, please review the following recommendations from the CDC
All Faithful with an active email address my sign up to attend the Divine Worship Services. If you do not have an email address, please contact Vivian Baxter our Church Administrator (847-888-2822) and ask to be manually registered. Seats, up to 75 per service, will be available and each Steward can attend.
Please Note: By clicking on the link below, you hereby agree to comply with the guidelines listed above.
Click On This Link To Review Our Services Calendar & Sign Up On-Line To Attend An On-Premise Church Service at St. Sophia Church.