St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Church
Our theme this year is Kindness.
“Let the children come to Me, so not to hinder them; for to such belongs the Kingdom of God. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” (Mark 10:14-15).
Welcome Sunday Church School Parents!
One of the most important ministries of the Church since Apostolic times has been to see to the spiritual education (κατήχησις-catechism) of its members and especially the children. The greatest gift, the most precious inheritance we can give to our children is our Orthodox Christian Faith. Jesus makes it clear that He wants children to come to know Him, and that He considers it a grave offence for an adult to hinder this process.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Holiday Food Drive - begins November 1st
- Family Worship - Sunday, October 28th
- Holiday Food Drive - ends November 30th
- Family Worship - Sunday, December 26th
- Godparent Godchild Sunday - Sunday, February 27th immediately following Divine Liturgy
A few reminders:
- Sunday Church School is for children from the ages of 3 to High School.
- Classes begin immediately following receiving Holy Communion.
We understand that we all have busy schedules; however it is our responsibility as parents to bring our children to church so that they may learn more about our Precious Orthodox Faith.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sundays!
The Sunday Church School Staff
For more information please contact Janice Novick
Please participate in our Annual Food Drive which runs through the month of November
Your donations help families in need by providing meals to them
Search Our Website
Please enter a search term to begin your search.